Saturday 15 January 2011

Poem about Merlin and Vivien

Poem About Merlin and Vivien
It was foretold that the magician Merlin would meet a witch maiden who would betray him. Merlin met and recognised her, but still could not resist her.
Merlin’s Song
All my wisdom, all my lore, lies useless as a page
Ripped randomly from some spell book dropped by a careless mage
A hundred years of learning, a lifetime’s mental toil
Thrown aside in ecstasy, a useless clump of soil


None could match or harm me, my skill surpassed them all
And yet for you, sweet child, I fell, and I became your thrall
I knew you were my downfall, yet I ran out to greet
The dreadful fate I’d spent my life attempting not to meet.

Vivien convinced Merlin to tell her the secret of his power, and then used it against him to imprison him forever in an underground cavern.

Vivien’s Song

In an empty cavern, where no warm breeze stirs the air
Only dark and dampness may make their home in there
Powerless and destitute the ancient, fetal, lay
Far from all the comforts of love, and life and day

And up above his head, on green turf I skipped and played
The merry wanton maiden who had his prison made
Rejoicing in my power, that I had conquered then
And revenged for all my sex the arrant juggernaut of men.

By Sabreena
Merlin and Vivien

1 comment:

  1. hey...i really dont have words to say anything abt this one..its really very very gud...ur really a gud writer..keep it up...

    ReplyDelete